Home Staging will help Real Estate Investors and Builders to maximize their profits in the same way that Hoe Staging will help to sell an occupied or vacant home. Home Staging is ‘Visual Marketing’.
According to home staging expert Debra Gould, The Staging Diva, investors shouldn’t skimp on furnishings when its time to put the property on the market. “When you’ve gone through expensive renovations,” says Gould, “it can be tempting to say – it’s good enough, the paints dry, lets put it on the market as it is! But this is short sighted and can cost you a bundle. It’s relatively inexpensive to rent anything you need and these finishing touches help ensure that you make the profit you deserve for all those costs renovations and repairs.”
Imagine it’s the Academy Awards and a big star has on the most gorgeous gown but decided to not do her hair, what would everyone be talking about, not the gown all they would remember is her terrible hair! The same is true with real estate, they will only remember the problematic areas.
5 Reasons why it is a Bad Idea to leave Rooms Empty – Debra Gould https://www.stagingdiva.com
- People don’t buy houses, they buy homes
- It is difficult to understand how large a room is when you don’t have a reference point.
- People can’t visualize how furniture will fit in an empty space, if they are unsure they won’t buy!
- When there is nothing else to look at buyers will focus on the negative details.
- When even a few rooms are empty buyers start to wonder about the reason behind the sale, divorce, money troubles etc and that sets them off on considering a low ball offer – not the type of picture you are trying to paint
Home Staging is setting the scene, packaging the home to show off its best features and down play the flaws. It’s about romancing the buyer and enticing them into making an emotional connection. Furnishings and decor pieces add character and warmth to the house so take time to get these final details right and it will ultimately translate into a higher return on your investment.